This service is based on biometric face recognition technology – Microsoft Face API.
To perform the check, this service requires identification data (TIN, full name, date of birth) and the photo of the person.
The check is performed by making a comparison and determining the degree of similarity of the provided photo, with:
- the reference photo from the UBCH’s database of subjects of credit histories, according to the specified data,
- all the photos from the fraudster database,
- all the photos from the UBCH’s database of application photos (persons who applied for credits to the partners of the Bureau, without a reference photo for verification),
- all the photos from the open database of missing and wanted people of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Experiments using training sets, showed that:
- When comparing with the reference face photo (one-to-one), the sufficient similarity degree is 32%.
- When comparing with a set of face photos, from each of the databases (one-to-one), the sufficient similarity degree is 70%.
Therefore, the conclusion about successful photo verification is made, if:
- the degree of similarity with a person’s reference photo exceeds 32%,
no matches with the similarity degree exceeding 70% were found in the fraudster database and the database of missing and wanted people,
- no matches with the similarity degree exceeding 70% were found in the database of application photos, with the identification different from the specified one.